Today is my 65th birthday which means I’m officially a senior. Quite a milestone everyone says. But to me 65 is only a number and although the bones creak sometimes and it does take longer to get up from a chair, my brain is still energized! People say to me all the time that I have so much energy and my response is always you should have seen me 20 – 30 years ago.
It seems only fitting now that I’m 65 I let everyone in on what my plans are for 2016. First and foremost, I’m not retiring. I’m launching a very huge project that will focus entirely on seniorpreneurs. People over the age of 50 are the fastest growing segment of entrepreneurship in the world and yet are underserved when it comes to business. I’ve spent the last several months researching the needs and concerns for this vast group of new entrepreneurs – I’ve learnt a lot and continue to learn more as I speak to potential seniorpreneurs.
Below are my plans for 2016!
- Survey on what may be holding them back from starting a business;
- Complete my book on how to start a business for seniors;
- Speaking on the subject as well as do presentations and workshops;
- Create a course specifically for this group of entrepreneurs;
- Add courses to my elearning platform that will help start a business, i online task manager.e. wordpress websites, social media, blogging, to name a few;
- Webinars/blab sessions with subject matter experts to help ease seniors into starting a business;
- Source mentors for seniors to communicate with for guidance and support;
- Contacting organizations who have an interest in working with this new group of entrepreneurs who will work with me to serve their needs.
And BTW – SENIORPRENEURSHIP ROCKS!!!!
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-83866178-1’, ‘auto’);